Shift Line Olympic MkIIIS Bass Tube Preamp
14 DAGAR FULL RETURRÄTT byt eller pengarna tillbaka
Tube bass preamplifier with IR-based cabinet simulation
The Olympic MkIIIS is the newest revision of Shift Line’s bass preamplifier that combines the classic tube sound with modern audio processing technologies, creating a true “Swiss Army knife” for bass players as a result. Sculpting your signature sound and taking it anywhere you go has never been easier. The Olympic MkIIIS is a compact, fully-featured tube preamplifier with a warm, deep and characteristically compressed sound. The device’s universal connectivity allows to use it even in the most complex setups. The cabinet simulation is based on the Impulse Response Convolution technology, which provides a realistic and detailed sound while preserving the character of the power amp, cabinet and microphone used to record the impulse. The device comes with two built-in cabinet impulses: SUNN 200s 2х15 and AMPEG SVT-810E 8х10. The microSD card slot allows users to upload their own cabinet impulses.
- IN is the signal source input.
- THRU is a buffered output for the unprocessed signal split from the IN jack.
- SEND/RETURN is a series effects loop for external processing.The SEND out can also be used as an additional output.
- OUT is the main output designed to connect the preamplifier to a power amplifier(RETURN or POWER AMP IN on combo amplifiers, INPUT on power amplifiers).
- AUX IN is an external audio input(the signal from the AUX IN is only heard through the PHONES output).
- PHONES is a headphones output.
- BALANCED OUT is a balanced output.
- POWER INis a power supply input. The power requirements are 12V DC 650mA.
- microSD is a microSD card slot.
- GAIN controls input signal amplification. It can go from a crystal-clear sound all the way to a classic California-style overdrive.
- The BASS, MIDDLE and TREBLE knobs constitute a classic 3-band passive EQ with a mild frequency correction effect and a characteristic mid scoop at 400 Hz.
- MASTER controls the volume of the signal coming from the OUT jack.
- VOLUME controls the volume of the signal coming from the PHONES and BALANCED OUT jacks.The MASTER and VOLUME knobs work independently.
- The TOP switch controls the signal’s high frequency harmonic content. The “+” position accentuates the highs and the attack. The ”-” position provides a milder sound by cutting the high frequencies. The neutral position does not affect the signal in any way.
- The GND switch allows to override “ground loops” that can negatively affect the signal when using XLR connections. In the lower position of the switch, the preamp’s “ground” is connected to the signal receiver’s “ground”. In the middle position, the “grounds” are disconnected. In the upper position, the “grounds” are connected and an additional filter is used to remove interference.The optimal setting of the GND switch is selected by ear: there should be a minimum amount of 50Hz hum and interference.
- The CAB switch selects one of the two built-in cabinet impulses: • The “A” position selects the impulse recorded from a SUNN 200s (2х15) cabinet. • In the middle position, cabinet simulation is disengaged. • The “B” position selects the impulse recorded from an AMPEG SVT-810E (8х10) cabinet.When using a microSD card, impulses are loaded from the corresponding folder on the card. The CAB switch affects the signal from the BALANCED OUT and the PHONES OUT but does not affect the signal from the main OUT.
Loading impulses from a microSD card:
Before using a microSD card, make sure it is formatted to the FAT32 filesystem. When the memory card is used for the first time, a “Shift_IR” folder is automatically created on it. The folder contains two more folders (“A” and “B”, corresponding to the CAB switch positions) in which the default impulses are stored. To use external impulses, replace the default ones with your own files. The supported impulse format is 24bit 48kHZ WAVE PCM1. To restore the default impulse files, insert a blank microSD card into the device. This will create a “Shift_IR” folder containing the default files. If no card is inserted, the built-in impulses are used.
- Tube type: 12AX7
- Memory card type: microSD
- IN: 6,3 mm, mono, unbalanced, -20 dB, 1 MOhm input impedance
- THRU: 6,3 mm, mono, unbalanced, -20dB, 1 kOhm output impedance
- SEND: 6,3 mm, mono, unbalanced, -10dB, 1 kOhm output impedance
- RETURN: 6,3 mm, mono, unbalanced, -10dB, 1 MOhm input impedance
- OUT: 6,3 mm, mono, unbalanced, +20dB, 1 kOhm output impedance
- BALANCED OUT: XLR, mono, balanced, +10dB, 1 kOhm output impedance
- AUX: 3,5 mm, stereo, unbalanced, 0dB, 10 kOhm input impedance
- PHONES: 3,5 mm, stereo, unbalanced, +10dB, 10 Ohm output impedance
- POWER: 12v DC 650mA, negative tip, 2.1/5.5 mm diameter.Use only regulated power supply units
- Dimensions (LxWxH): 122x102x55 mm (4.8x4x2.2”)
- Unit weight: 480 g (1.06 lbs)
- PSU weight: 120 g (0.26 lbs)
- Olympic MkIIIS preampifier;
- 12V DC 1000mA PSU with 4 changeable plugs;
- User guide.