This is the Dato DUO, a synthesizer for two! A flashy sequencer paired with a gritty-sounding synth.
We believe synthesizers are too much fun to be left to grown-ups alone. You don't have to be an experienced musician: we designed the Dato DUO to be enjoyed by kids aged 3 to 99 and up — that includes you!
The Dato DUO combines a synthesizer and sequencer into one fun electronic instrument that is aimed at children and adults alike. It doesn't matter whether you already know how to play an instrument; anyone can create their own sounds and melodies on the Dato DUO. And while most instruments are designed to be played alone, we designed the DUO to be playable by two!
What is the Dato DUO?
The Dato DUO is designed to have fun making music, together! While one player plays a melody on the sequencer side, the other creates its sound and adds percussion on the synthesizer side. By carefully controlling the possible parameters, we designed the DUO so you can’t do anything wrong. The result may be as clean or noisy as you want it to be, but it’ll never be out of tune. If you want to know how it sounds watch our video again – we recorded the soundtrack directly from the output of one Dato DUO.
- 2 oscillators: 1 pulse (variable width) and 1 sawtooth
- Digital low pass filter with resonance
- Amp envelope (note length and release time)
- Sample rate reductor
- Noise-based percussion synthesizer
- 8-step circular sequencer
- Pentatonic keyboard. Two octaves
Inputs and outputs
- Audio out capable of driving headphones
- Sync input and output, compatible with Korg Volca, Teenage Engineering Pocket Operators
- MIDI IN and MIDI OUT on full-size DIN connectors
- Internal speaker
- Micro USB for power and firmware update. 5V, 2A max.